Petite Chartres - a labyrinth by any other name.

The always inspiring author of blogmymaze,  Erwin Reißmannwho developed the "Petite Chartres" has another blog post showing that how the circular version can be drawn in an infinite number of multi sided variations: triangular, square, pentagon, hexagon...

So I wondered if the classical seed + two divide signs algorithm I discovered applied to these variations and sure enough they do!  Here is the seed for the triangular version:






And here is the square version:




My drawing algorithm works for both of them.  Draw the classical seed then the center.  That tells you where the first divide sign goes.  Draw line 2 and now you know where the second divide sign goes.  From there it's just connect the dots.

I have tried these in my parking lot and they came out great.  Five, six (and more!) sided labyrinths are going to be a challenge but I'm looking forward to trying!












The blogmymaze post that started this can be found here:  https://blogmymaze.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/a-3-circuit-3-axle-labyrinth/

Comments